As of July 4, 2011, most of my blogs are on indefinite sabbatical, but you can still keep up with me on Twitter, my writing and Florida blogs, and JSH News!

Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Old Fashioned


You can learn more about the history of this toothsome treat by clicking here on the official blog of the Old Order of Transylvanian Gentlemen, and see variant recipes as well. But here's my version:

2 oz bourbon whiskey
2 dashes Angostura bitters
1 splash Perrier
1 tsp sugar
1 maraschino cherry
1 orange wedge


Mix sugar, Perrier water and Angostura bitters, and pour into an old-fashioned glass. Drop in a cherry and muddle it. Then add the orange wedge - do not muddle the orange. Add ice cubes, then pour on the bourbon. Stir gently if you like, but I prefer to just layer on the bourbon and let it seek its own level.

No comments:

Post a Comment